Thomas W. Smith
MS, Faculty Emeritus
432 N Lake St
Madison, WI 53706
Engineering Professional Development
College of Engineering,
1. Distance learning and engineering leadership.
- Founder of the UW's Master of Engineering in Professional Practice (MEPP) degree. This is a fully online master of engineering, designed for mid-career engineers seeking to improve their technical leadership skils and to move up their organization's technicall ladder.
- Longtime advisor to the UW's summer conference on Distance Teaching and Learning and contributor to continuing education in this area.
- Author of many papers and articles on the topic of distance learning and co-author of two upcoming books on quality in online learning.
2. Asset Management
- Member of the U.S Delegation and task-group leader of the Project Committee for the developemnt of ISO 55000: Standard for Asset Management
- Member of the Faculty of the http://theiam.org
- Author of a series of whitepapers on asset management in real estate and commerce, putblished by the Newman Real Estate Institute, Baruch College City University of New York.
- Coordinator of a series of short-courses in asset management
Previous research experience with the UW's institute for Environmental studies and teaching and public service in energy management and energy auditing.